CAD programs are most essential for engineers, architects, designers and project managers. It is the application by which a major portion of designing is done. CAD stands for Computer Aided Design and for this purpose, AutoCAD developed by Autodesk Inc. is the best. AutoCAD constantly figures out ways to enhance the software and with every version, there have been significant improvements to enhance user experience and to better the range of functionality it offers. AutoCAD 2010 released in 2009 was the 18thversion of AutoCAD and the 24th release.
This software application accentuates the quality of designing and drafting that requires to be done. The users are greatly satisfied with the functionality included in the software. There is however scope of ample improvement. The developers are not only aiming to keep the software a stand-alone application but also to implement it using cloud, so that the access to all the documents and drawings increases. The work is safely stored and can be accessed from anywhere just by connectivity to the Internet.
Read More : Free Download Microsoft Office 2010
The various attributes of AutoCAD 2010:
- Interface has been refined: The design of the interface has been done in such a way so as to make the user experience better. It is easier to locate the tools in this interface compared to the previous versions. The look and feel of this version is very modern.
- Enhancements in productivity of the software: The tools and features of this software help the designers to get into further detailing while designing and drafting. The new features lets the designer reach new levels in designing resulting in up gradation of the quality of work in the industry.
- Reality computing: Point cloud data can be captured and edited directly in AutoCAD 2010. This leads to the betterment in functionality and accessibility of documents.
- This version of AutoCAD introduced DWG 2010 file format. Parametric was also introduced in this version. Inclusion of Mesh 3D solid modelling let the designers and engineers to go further deep while creating innovative designs.
- This version of AutoCAD is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7. The version of the software for MAC systems is also available.
- OS: Windows 7/Vista(SP1)/XP(SP2 or higher)
- Processor: AMD Athlon dual core or Intel Pentium 4 (3 GHz)
- RAM: 2GB
- Video or Display:1024×768 with True Colour
- Disk Space: 1GB free space required for full installation
- Pointing device: should be compliant with MS-Mouse
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
Before you start using the software, check if the PC you use for this purpose satisfies the following criteria:
There are separate requirements that the PC needs to satisfy for 3D modelling purposes. The requirements are listed below:
- Processor: Intel or AMD dual core(2.0 GHz or higher); Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon(3.0 GHz or higher)
- RAM: 2GB or higher
- Disk space: 2GB space should be kept free other than space required for installation
- Direct3D capable graphics card that should be of workstation class
- Video display 1280 x 1024 32 bit video display adaptor with True Colour