Audio books are probably the next great invention after the print! The advantages are numerous. While to read, you need a peaceful environment and possibly a seat to make yourself comfortable in, you can listen to audio books anytime you want. Whether you are jogging or cooking – a pair of headphones would do. Audible for smatphones is an app that delivers such audio books to which you can listen to. But the app is exclusive to smartphones. In order to run in your Mac, you will need Bluestacks!
Must Read: Flipboard On PC – Free Download!
What is Audible?
Audible is a web service which has more than 100000+ audio books i.e. audio translation of various books. You can download and listen to them anytime you want. The access is done via the app on smartphone and hence you need it. The books downloaded can be transferred to any device over WiFi. Audiobooks provide all the features of a printed book – bookmarks, adjust in narration speed and hands-free mode. You can also switch between listening and reading mode. With the audiobook service, you can keep track of the books you have read and earn badges in the process as well.
The audible service lets you download all the audio books available from their servers and store it locally – it doesn’t involve any streaming. You can even gain insider information regarding various events and upcoming releases and discounts in the Audible newsfeed.
The app has a standard browsing layout with tabs to shift between downloads and reading list. You can listen to online without downloading but that will mean constant internet connection use. With such great resources at Audible, you might be asking what about Audible for Mac?
Audible On Your Mac
In order to run the app, you will need a software called Bluestacks. Bluestacks is an application that can run any Android app or game. It also lets you access Google playstore to download and install them. And you will be doing all this from your Mac. The general way to run Audible thus would be:
- Start Bluestacks
- Start Audible from within
- Listen to your Audiobooks
But you will be first required to install Bluestacks. This can be done as follows:
- Download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac.
- From settings, change your software installation preferences such that you allow install from d
- Continue with the installation of Bluestacks – which will take some time. Once done, launch the software.
- For the first time, you will be required to setup certain preferences. Setup your default language and then your Google account (you can create a new one or use your existing Gmail ID and password)
- Once it is done, you will land at the home page. On the search bar at top, type “Audible” and search for it.
- Once found, you will be at the play store page of the app. Click on the install button to begin installation.
- Once it completes, come bac k to the home screen and you will see Audible listed there. Click on the icon to launch the app!
With these simple steps, you can enjoy Audible for Mac!