AutoCAD is a software application that is commercially available for the purpose of 2D as well as 3D computer aided design and drafting. It is not only available as a desktop application but also a mobile version and versions based on cloud is also available in the market now. Autodesk Inc. develops and markets this software application. It is a boon to the graphic designing industry and is used extensively by people working in the industry due to the flawless functioning and the extensive range of activities that is allowed on the application.
Must Read : AutoCAD 2010 Free Download
Here we will be looking into the latest release of Autodesk, which is the latest version of AutoCAD – AutoCAD 2014 and its advanced features.
This version of AutoCAD is the 28th release of AutoCAD, which serves as the most popular program when it comes to CAD technology. If you are working in this field, then you will have to surely use this software application. It is thus essential for you to know about the latest improvements that has been made by the developers to further enhance the software The users for several years were focusing on making the software’s use cross platform and enhance its scope by including cloud, mobile and social computing. In this version of AutoCAD, the developers have made sure that the users can smoothly work on this software using various platforms and can access materials from different places. The system requirements for this software application to be used are:
- OS: Windows 8/7/XP(64 or 32 bit)
- CPU: AMD Athlon dual core or Intel Pentium 4
- RAM: 2GB
- Disk space:6 GB for full installation
- Video 1024×768 VGA
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
The Welcome Screen that appears when AutoCAD 2014 is launched comprises of:
- Work (provides tools that help you create drawings and open already existing files).
- Extend (lets you connect with cloud and other social sites).
- Learn (provides you links to training conducted based on videos).
You can use this software as a stand-alone software but at the same time, a working Internet connection can let you access cloud account that syncs all the drawings and other work that you have made using AutoCAD 2014.
Read More : Download Corel Draw 12
Let us now look into the developed attributes of this software.
- Improved Command Line Tools: Internet search can be conducted directly using AutoCAD’s command Line. In case you type an incorrect or invalid command, the command is automatically corrected by the system. It has a synonym list that has been built in.
- Improvements in File Management: The files are managed more efficiently and are easy to locate once saved correctly.
- Communicating with fellow colleagues becomes easier: Autodesk 360, which is the cloud-based service, enables you to share your work with your colleagues safely. You can perform analysis and easily leverage cloud based data. The new added feature AutoCAD Map 3D enables you to include maps in the drawings effortlessly.
- Reality Captured effortlessly: Autodesk Recap has been included in this version that enables the user to create point cloud project files that lets you reference multiple number of scanned indexed files.