Puzzle games have their own charm and when you complete them, it lets you enjoy a sweet success. This is especially enjoyable when the game has great visuals. But often such games are exclusive to consoles, handhelds or smartphones. That is exactly the case with Monument Valley – a game which has stunning visuals and great game play but is only available for smartphones and tabs. However, there is a way to get it up and running on PC. Read on to find it out.
Read More: Pixel Dungeon for PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/XP)
Monument Valley – The Game:
Monument Valley will remind you of Echochrome – a game released for PSP few years back. The environment is a brilliantly drawn artwork which prominently features impossible shapes and geometric figures. This closely mimics what you would get in M.C. Escher worlds. The primary objective is to navigate the worlds of contradiction for a lost princess. However, unlike Echochrome, you can even manipulate the environment i.e. the objects in the world. The levels are very intricate and seeing them from different perspectives totally changes the view. The color palette is equally gorgeous.
You start the game as Princess Ida – the protagonist to find something. Your task is to help her make her way out of the maze by interacting and navigating through the environment. The world often contain objects which are physically impossible i.e. you might see two paths side by side from a view and then you change perspective and it will seem the paths are crossing each other. There are no other meaningless puzzles to solve either. Each level consists of many sub-levels and the difficulty more or less remains the same. The puzzles are addictive to make you stick to the game right till you finish it and come back for more.
All this makes it sound a worthwhile game to play but then it is available for Android and not Windows. So, how do you make it work? Bluestacks is the answer.
Read More: Modern Combat 5 For PC (Windows 7/8/XP)
Running It On PC:
Monument Valley for PC means running the Android software somehow on Windows. Bluestacks is an Android emulator that can run all Android apps and games on Windows and also let you access Google’s playstore. The steps outlines are fairly simple:
- Get the latest Bluestacks setup and start the installation.
- The installer will further download data to continue the process.
- Once done, you will be prompted to set your preferences such as default language.
- The next step is to sync with Google’s account and services. For this you will need your Gmail ID and password.
- Once the sync completes, you will be at the home screen. On the top search bar, type “Monument Valley” and search for it.
- You will be taken to the Play Store page from where you need to click on the “Install” button.
- Once done, come back to home screen and click on the game’s icon to launch it.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy Monument Valley for PC – a remarkable and flawless puzzle game which will make you go addictive.