BlueStacks allows user to install .apk or Android application package file directly in app player. It is similar to installing .exe files in Windows. Before continuing this step, make sure you have installed BlueStacks and have .apk file.
BlueStacks is free android emulator which is available to download for free. If you do not have this amazing app installed in your PC, read our How to Download and Install BlueStacks on Windows PC tutorial.
APK is the file format used to distribute and install apps and middle-ware onto Google’s Android OS. Very similar to an MSI package in Windows or a Deb package in Debian-based operating systems like Ubuntu.
If you have BlueStacks installed in your PC, it will associate all .apk files to open with it. If your .apk files are showing BlueStacks logo, just double click on file and it will be installed in few seconds. You will get notification that your app has been installed. If your apk files are not showing BlueStacks logo, try method 2.
To open apk file in BlueStacks, follow these steps-
- Right click on your apk file.
- Select Open with -> Choose default program…
- Select Bluestack Apk Handler from list if it is available or Click on Browse / Look for another app on this PC
- Browse to Computer -> C: -> Program Files/Program Files(x86) -> BlueStacks
- Click on HD-ApkHandler.exe