In today’s hyper competitive job market, it is extremely important to stay up-to-date with market trends and job opportunities. This usually means having multiple sources, which should be checked at least once a day. Failing this can miss something important. LinkedIn is the largest source of professional gathering online – a social network for the pros. LinkedIn Pulse is the perfect service which provides exactly this information to your account which you can manage and read. However, the app is only available for smartphones and tablet PCs. But, worry not! It can be executed on a PC as well.
Read More: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For PC
LinkedIn Pulse: What Is It All About?
LinkedIn Pulse is a news service which brings the relevant news from the professional field based on your LinkedIn profile information i.e. consider it as the Flipboard for pros. The articles are curated based on your interests, connected people and other activities. Contents can be “liked” and “shared” with other people just like social networks. The business publications that it abides by include the likes of New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Business Insider, Harvard Business Review, etc. Contents are delivered on a daily basis which can be shared to all popular social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, WhatsApp, Flickr, Tumblr, etc. It also lets you follow influential and significant personalities like Bill Gates, Arianna Huffington, Guy Kawasaki, Jack Welch, and many other such people. The news is divided into channels like Technology, Business & Management, Innovation, Big Ideas and Careers.
The UI is similar to modern Android apps with a magazine look, reminiscent of Flipboard itself. The articles are presented in a reading mode without any distractions and chrome. Hence it is an essential asset in order to be in the loop or risk being left behind. So how exactly can we run it on PC?
LinkedIn Pulse For PC – A shot!
Since the app is on Android, it cannot directly run on your device. Instead, we need an Android emulator called Bluestacks which can run all Android apps and also enable Google play store access, which lets you download and install from official source without any third party hacks. The steps can be simply outlines as:
Read More: FlashChat For PC
- Download the latest Bluestacks Offline Installer and install the software.
- Once done, you will need to set your default language and provide your Google ID and password.
- Once everything is completed, you will be taken to the home screen. On the top search bar, type “LinkedIn Pulse” and search for the app.
- When completed Bluestacks will take you to the play store and from where you will need to click the “Install” button.
- Once the installation completes, come back to home screen and click on the app’s icon.
- This will launch the app. You will need to provide your LinkedIn account credentials to setup your account.
Once everything is done, you will be able to read some well curated and directed professional contents that can immensely help you.